Your data, privacy and the law. How we use your medical records
This practice collects and handles your medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record
- We share some of your data with local out of hours and urgent or emergency care service
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention.
- Data about you, usually de-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to do, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research
We work as part of a group of practices, called iGPC. These practices are:
- Belle Vale Medical Practice
- Knotty Ash Medical Centre
- Oak Vale Medical Centre
- Rock Court Surgery
- Stoneycroft Medical Centre
- West Derby Medical Centre
We also work with Merseycare to provide some clinical services to our patients.
Clinicians and administrators from these organisations may see your medical records to help us provide a primary care service to you.
Our practice is collaborating with NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) which is providing NHS numbers for those patients that may be suitable for electronic repeat dispensing prescriptions. The information is obtained from NHS prescriptions submitted to the NHSBSA. A member of our clinical team will contact these patients soon to explain the benefits of this service.
For more information please contact us.